2022 WILD RULES EXCITING NEWS! NEW FOR 2022!
* Each participant’s age will be as of September 1st, 2022.
For example: If a dancer turns 12 years of age on September 21, 2022, and he/she/they attend a Dec 4, 2022 Wild Dance Intensive event, their age for this event is 11 years of age, because that is their age on Sept 1, 2022.
AGE BREAKDOWNS FOR EACH LEVEL:
|Level||Ages as of August 1st, 2022|
|Wild Child *in applicable cities||8 & under|
|Juniors||9-11 or 11 and under in cities with no Wild Child Program|
- A participant may choose to dance in the age division above their actual age as of September 1, 2022.
Example: A dancer of 11 years old may choose to dance in the teen dance room (12-14). He/she/they will be eligible for scholarships given to the teen age group, as no longer part of the junior age division.
- A participant may NOT dance in an age division below their age as of Sept 1, 2022.
Example: A dancer of 15 years of age may not dance in the teen room (12-14), and may not be eligible for scholarship awards given to the teen age division.
- Upon registration, each participant must enter their correct age. Most participants are already registered in the Dance Bug registration system, and the program will place dancers according to their age as of Sept 1, 2022.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT APPRENTICE ELIGIBILITY
- To be eligible to be awarded a 2022 Wild Dance Intensive Apprentice Status, a dancer must dance in his/her/their accurate age division as of Sept 1, 2022. A participant wishing to be apprentice can not dance in a room other than the accurate age as of Sept 1, 2022.
Example: A participant wishing to compete for the Wild Dance Intensive Apprentice 2022 status who is 11 years of age as of Sept 1, 2022, can not dance in the teen (ages 12-14) room, but wish to be the Junior (ages 11 and under) apprentice.
ON SITE AGE/LEVEL CHANGES
- Level changes can be made after the first class of the day only. This can only be done by approaching the Wild Dance Intensive registration desk.
SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT WILD CHILD AND JUNIOR AGE GROUPS
At the discretion of the studio owner or teacher/competition director, an 8 year old can be moved into the Junior Room. This change will need to go through the on-site registration desk, and full junior dancer tuition payment will be required. This dancer would then be eligible for an awarded junior scholarship, as well as Wild Dance Intensive Apprenticeship consideration.
WILD DANCE INTENSIVE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COMBINE OR CHANGE AGE GROUPINGS WHEN NECESSARY
- In select cities, Wild Dance intensive may combine ages groups or change age levels/breakdowns when necessary.
* This will only happen in the event the Wild Dance Intensive directors wish to create more space for dancers to enjoy on site.
- When this happens, an additional level of scholarships and Apprenticeships will be added and awarded
Example: In a venue where there are many registered dancers 11-13 years of age, and less registered dancers 15 years of age and over, the Wild Dance Intensive directors may have the registered dancers 14 years of age dance in the senior (15 years of age and over) room. If this happens, a new age group is created, so the dancers 14 years of age have their own scholarships awarded, as well as an additional apprenticeship in their age category.
WILD CHILD DANCERS
Wild Dance Intensive LOVES creating a safe, supportive and FUN environment for your future dance!
- In select cities, Wild Dance Intensive offers a unique dance experience for young dancers designed to offer the little ones the opportunity to experience the fun! With a modified schedule, dancers 8 years of age and under get a special dance room just for them!
- In a special awards ceremony just for them, all Wild Child dancers will received special recognition for their efforts and attendance! Wild Child dancers are not eligible for scholarships or apprenticeships awarded for the Junior, Teen and Senior age groups.
- Additional “Wild About You” awards will be given and determined by the master teacher of each class. These awards can be given for having a good work ethic or being a team player, as well as technical prowess.
- Dancers registered in the Wild Child program, will not participate in the Finale Event with the Junior, Teen and Senior age groups. However, they are invited to watch and cheer on their older siblings and friends
* Registration for all Wild Dance Intensive events must be completed online. No fax, phone, or email registration will be accepted. Day of event registration will be at the desecration of the Wild Team.
* Payments must be via credit card or electronic check. No cash or checks will be accepted.
* Any registration changes and/or add-on must made the Wednesday prior to the event.
* No refunds will be issued once an event has started. If a refund is being requested, prior to an event, it will be issued only at the discretion of the Wild Dance Intensive Registration team.
* Wild Dance Intensive welcomes Independent dancers at all events!
In order to redeem WILD Dance Intensive scholarships that have been awarded at previous Star Dance Alliance events, please email a photo of each individual scholarships at least 10 days prior to an event. If using a scholarship at on site registration, the scholarship must be present in order to redeem at the door.
***WILD Dance Intensive reserves the right to increase registration fees for registration on site the day of registration.
- Parents of registered dancers are able to observe classes throughout the day if they have purchased an observer band online. Observer bands can be purchased during online registration, or in select cities, at the door upon arriving to the event.
- Observer bands are guaranteed to be available on site.
* Observation bands are NOT required to attend the opening and finale events.
* Wild Dance Intensive asks that observation bands remain visible at all times throughout classes.
- Wild Dance Intensive team reserves the right to limit observation bands sold at any event to ensure space for dancers and participants.
- The Wild Dance Intensive team asks that observers limit noise, as this can be distracting to the dancers and faculty during class.
***The WILD Dance Intensive team reserve the right to revoke observation rights under any circumstance.
|8:00-8:25am||Faculty Intro & Dancer Warm Up|
|8:30-9:20am||Class 1||Class 1||Class 1|
|9:25-10:15am||Class 2||Class 2||Class 2|
|10:20-11:10||Class 3||Class 3||Class 3|
|11:15-12:05pm||Class 4||Class 4||Class 4|
|12:50-1:40pm||Class 5||Class 5||Class 5|
|1:45-2:35pm||Class 6||Class 6||Class 6|
|2:40-3:40pm||Scholarship Audition Class||Scholarship Audition Class||Scholarship Audition Class|
|WILD CHILD CLASSES|
|8:00-8:25am||Faculty Intro & Dancer Warm Up|
*In a select “Scholarship Audition Class,” dancers of each age category and level will learn a combination to be performed in the finale event.
IMPORTANT: Scholarships are awarded for admirable qualities exhibited throughout the entire day, in all classes. Dancers have the opportunity to perform the Scholarship Audition Combo for the audience, but faculty members take each class into consideration while determining scholarship recipients.